BUILDING HEALTHY COMMUNITIES
We believe communities thrive when citizens and cops work together. Neighborhoods become safer and more vibrant places to live, work, and play. Crises can be effectively mitigated. Residents can access the help they need, when they need it. And community concerns are not only heard, but addressed. Unfortunately, all across the United States, there are deep and persistent divides between police and the communities they serve.
Code 3 exists to address those gaps by educating, equipping, and empowering police departments with the tools and resources they need to do their jobs effectively, while creating the conditions for cops and communities to work better together. By providing critical safety trainings, hardship and innovation grants, and compelling community programming, we’re advancing our mission of caring for cops, and the communities they serve.
How We Help
WE WORK TO CREATE SAFE AND WELL-CONNECTED COMMUNITIES.
Our work is centered on three areas of action:
- Educating cops and citizens on how to better understand each other through trainings
- Equipping cops officers with tools, resources and grants they need to address emerging issues
- Empowering cops and citizens to work together through our community programs
Within these areas of action, we offer police officer trainings on topics such as intervention, and facilitate innovative community outreach programs for students.
Our Focus Areas
WE FOCUS ON AREAS OF MUTUAL INTEREST FOR COPS AND COMMUNITIES:
- Community Outreach – We work with community groups and police departments to bring law enforcement and residents together to cultivate new relationships and address local challenges.
- Support for Injured Officers – We provide assistance to police who have been severely and permanently injured in the line of duty through short-term financial support, advocacy efforts and benefits counseling.